Sunday, November 30, 2014

Excerpt from Tell Me My Name

Not too long ago, I did a reading of my YA high fantasy novella Tell Me My Name, and despite being totally terrified, I actually had a lot of fun. So I decided to recreate the reading for YouTube... Check it out!


I can't count the number of takes it took to get through that little 2-3 minute segment without tripping over my words. It's still not perfect, but at least there's no st-st-stuttering. And because I could, I popped in a little background music (a bit from A Thousand Faces, which I composed back in 2009). The melody from that song actually has lyrics, which play a role in Windborn, the first full-length novel in the Fated Stars series (coming 2016 from Glass House Press).

2 comments:

  1. Great reading. I've listened to a lot of people read their own work, and I've got to say, you read with great feeling - like your book matters to you. It's sad to me when somebody reads their book and makes it sound boring... we, the writers, of all people, should be the ones to give our own works feeling when read!

    Good job. :)

    ReplyDelete